Now I have no idea what these are called but I think they are a variation of Greek biscuits shaped as crescents.
- 200g butter (chopped)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange rind (I use double that amount)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour ***
- 2 cups crushed nuts (a mixture works best - almonds, cashews, macadamias, walnuts... any!)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Extra icing sugar to dust them
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Cream the butter, orange rind and icing sugar.
- Mix in the egg and the egg yolk.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the extra icing sugar) and add to the wet mixture.
- Mix it well and form it into a dough.
- Press the dough out flat (I make it between half to one centimetre - my instructions don't say).
- Use a glass to cut out "bites" from the dough. Put aside the first piece you cut out because that won't be a crescent but then keep taking cuts that should then be a crescent shape. When you complete a row start again. Put scraps together and press flat to make a few more.
- Line a tray with baking paper and lay crescents on tray with a small space between for spreading. It make 2 trays.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or just colouring.
- While warm, roll them in icing sugar on a plate. (We don't do this - we cool them and then just dip the top in icing sugar and brush off excess so they aren't so sweet.)