Monday 13 February 2012

Passport application

Finally today I received confirmation that I'm officially on the Finnish population register as a citizen.  All details had to be properly recorded before I could apply for a passport and now it's finally done.

It's a bit of a nuisance really because you have to apply in person at the consulate in Sydney.  I don't live in Sydney!  I just don't understand why countries in the EU can't have a single office in each capital city for the purpose of collecting biometric details for their passports.  Instead, different countries collect data in different cities.  I remember Tom (nb Waiouru) having to come to Melbourne from Adelaide to have his biometric details taken for his British visa.  Melbourne would be good for me but no, I have to go to Sydney.  Oh well.  It will all be worth it to have that passport in my hand.  My ticket to a year in England.

I better go check out flights to Sydney.

2 comments:

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Elle,
I assume the embassy is in Canberra and the consulate in Sydney?
Why can't you go to Canberra for the passport?

Elly and Mick said...

Yes Tom, the embassy is in Canberra. You can apply at either. I'd rather go to Sydney than Canberra. It's easier to get a cheap fare from Melbourne and I've been there before so know my way around marginally better.
It will be one more thing ticked off my list!
Elly