Monday 5 March 2012

The Queen Mary 2

Not quite a narrowboat but what a sight arriving at work this morning!  My Tuesday job, which this week I'm doing on Monday, is on St Kilda Rd in Melbourne and on the 5th floor of an art deco building.  As I walked along the external walkway to the office door I could see a ship in the distance.  We can't see Port Phillip Bay from where we are, and Albert Park and the lake are in between, but this ship was so enormous that it towered over the trees between the office and the bay.

Not a very good photo taken on my phone, but my employer brought her camera in and took a couple of photos so we'll see how they turn out.


Today we have the pleasure of the Queen Mary 2 docking in Melbourne at Station Pier, the largest ship ever to visit Melbourne. This photo (from SMH this morning) shows how enormous she looks compared to her surrounds.

We got talking at the office about how tall she must be for us to see her from here.  I did a quick search and found this from Wiki.


No comments: