Friday 20 July 2012

Recipe - Salmon Rissoles


I'm going through my cookbooks and typing up our most used recipes into blog entries so we have them while we're away.  I'm certainly not packing cookbooks!  I realized I better get a move on with this project as the time is ticking quickly.  We have only 8 1/2 weeks to go. 

This one for Salmon Rissoles is from Symply Too Good to be True - Book 3.

Ingredients
500g peeled potatoes, diced
1 ½ cups carrots, sliced
415g can pink salmon, drained and mashed
2 tsp lemon juice
½ cup shallots, sliced
1 egg white
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp chicken stock powder
pepper

Method
Microwave potato and carrots in a little water until soft.  Drain and mash.
Add salmon, lemon juice, shallots, egg white, parsley, stock powder and a little pepper to taste.
Combine well.
Refrigerate a few hours so mixture will be firmer for cooking.
Shape into 12 rissoles.
Coat a non-stick frypan with cooking spray and cook patties 5 minutes each side.

No comments: