Wednesday 13 March 2013

A day out with Roly and Bev

Roly and Bev (nb Klara) very kindly asked if I'd like to come with them for a day out to Stafford and then lunch at the Radford Bank pub.  

We had a wander around the shops in Stafford, then a visit to Asda, an electrical place (can't remember the name) and then B&Q to buy some timber strips for Ray and Diane.  I've discovered that Roly is a shopaholic!  Boy was he in his element.  His favourite purchase for the day was a pair of battery operated heated gloves.  The photo below says it all.

Rob and Sally joined us at the Radford.  It's a carvery and I couldn't believe the price : £3.69!!  Talk about cheap and cheerful.  I'll have to mark it in our cruise guide.

After a good old natter at the pub we returned and I spent the remainder of the day working - catching up in preparation for a few days off next week.  I'm going to Italy on Wednesday for a few days with Claudia, my German friend, and her daughter Tamara.  We're going to Lake Garda.  What a treat!  I'll come back on the Sunday and leave them to the remainder of their holiday.  Mick will be arriving 5am Monday morning so after 7 weeks I thought I should make sure I'm there to meet him.  Those 7 weeks seemed an eternity at the time he left but they've gone fairly quickly for me because I've kept busy and had a couple of side trips.  Mick's finding it harder.  We'll both be glad when he's back on deck and we can go out cruising.  If only the weather would ease up.

No comments: